Belmiro

Link tải luận văn miễn phí cho ae
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

On the completion of this thesis, I wish to express my deepest gratitude to my supervisor, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Lê Hùng Tiến who gave me benefit of his wisdom and his expert knowledge in translation as well as his constant encouragement from the beginning stage of working out the research proposal to the final stage of writing up the thesis. Without his critical comments and valuable suggestions, this study could not have been completed.
I owe a special debt of gratitude to Mrs. Rosemary Nguyen who helped shape the idea for my thesis, giving me her practical guidance, assisting me with data collection and sharing with me her long and varied experience in the translation of health insurance terms in the US health plans.
I take this opportunity to express my sincere thank to all lecturers in Postgraduate Department at College of Foreign Languages, Vietnam National University, Hanoi for their useful lectures during my M.A course.
Finally, I would also like to thank my parents who have been a constant source of encouragement, support, love and care during the course of my writing.

ABSTRACT

The need for the translation of US health plans into Vietnamese is a matter-of-fact since there are already a number of American insurer carriers operating in Vietnam, and many more are expected to enter such a potential market of more than 80 million people. However, it is not an easy task at all due to sharp differences in the sub-culture of health insurance between the US and Vietnam.
This thesis titled “A study on the equivalence between English and Vietnamese translation of insurance terms in US health insurance”, therefore, is an attempt to find out the differences and similarities between English HI terms and their Vietnamese equivalents, and to draw out the strategies/procedures/methods that are appropriate to the translation of HI terms in the US health plans into Vietnamese. Hopefully, the research may make a contribution to the translation of HI terms and will be of some Giúp to insurance circle, especially translators with little experience of doing the translation in the field.
To this end, the paper identifies the equivalence relationships and classifies terms according to their structural patterns. More importantly, the research paper focuses on working out strategies/procedures/methods that can be best applied to the translation of terms of equivalence and non-equivalence groups. Suggestions for translation strategies/procedures/methods are also made so that translators may have an idea of what strategies/procedures/methods can be used to deal with certain groups of terms.

TABLE OF CONTENTS
PART A: INTRODUCTION 1
1. Rationale 1
2. Scope of the study 2
3. Aims of the study 2
4. Methods of the study 2
5. Design of the study 3
PART B: DEVELOPMENT 4
CHAPTER I: THEORETICAL BACKGROUND 4
I. 1.Terminology 4
I.1.1. Definition 4
I.1.2. General features of terminology 4
I.1.3. Term creation 6
I.2. English single words and compounds in comparison
with the Vietnamese ones 7
I.3. Translation theory 7
I.3.1. Definition of translation 7
I.3.2. Translation equivalence 8
I.3.3. Translation methods, strategies and procedures 10
I.3.4. Technical translation 11
I.4. Translation of terminology 11
I.5. Chapter conclusion 13
CHAPTER II: THE TRANSLATION OF HEALTH INSURANCE TERMS OF EQUIVALENCE GROUP 14
II.1. An overview of equivalence relationships in the translation of health
insurance terms 14
II.2. Classification of health insurance terms in the US health
insurance plans according to their structural patterns 17 II.2.1. Single terms 17
II.2.2. Compound terms 19

II.3. The common strategies and procedures used in the translation
of health insurance terms of non-equivalence group 19
II.3.1. The translation of single terms – Old words with new senses 23
II.3.2. The translation of compound terms by rank shift or transposition 24
II.3.3. The translation strategy which involves the deletion of “OF” 26
II.4. Concluding remark 26
CHAPTER III: THE TRANSLATION OF HEALTH INSURANCE TERMS OF NON-EQUIVALENCE GROUP 28
III.1. The source of non-equivalence problem in the translation
of health insurance terms in the US health plans 28
III.2. The strategies, procedures and methods used in dealing
with non-equivalence problem in the translation of health insurance
terms in the US health plans 29
III.2.1. The translation of terms by transference procedure
(the use of loan words) 30
III.2.2. The translation of terms by paraphrase 32
III.2.3. The translation of terms with communicative method 34
III.2.4. Literal translation 37
III.3. Concluding remarks 38
PART C: CONCLUSION 39
1. The terms of equivalence group 39
2. The terms of non-equivalence group 39
3. Suggestion for the methods, procedures and strategies 40
4. Suggestion for further studies 42
REFERENCES
APPENDICES

Link Download bản DOC
Do Drive thay đổi chính sách, nên một số link cũ yêu cầu duyệt download. các bạn chỉ cần làm theo hướng dẫn.
Password giải nén nếu cần: ket-noi.com | Bấm trực tiếp vào Link để tải:

daigai

link mới cập nhật, mời các bạn xem lại bài đầu để tải

Các chủ đề có liên quan khác