daigai

Link tải luận văn miễn phí cho ae Kết nối

Unit 16:
THE ASSOCIATION OF SOUTHEAST ASIAN NATIONS

Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
1. a. association b. original c. stability d. accelerate
2. a. domestic b. estimate c. statistics d. relation
3. a. language b. diverse c. promote d. combine
4. a. economic b. integration c. development d. transportation
5. a. service b. rural c. region d. include
6. a. technology b. situation c. development d. establishment
7. a. agriculture b. electronic c. population d. scientific
8. a. justice b. admit c. adopt d. improve
9. a. energy b. industry c. forestry d. investment
10. a. series b. respect c. interest d. action
Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
11. a. diverse b. admit c. science d. enterprise
12. a. growth b. although c. within d. southern
13. a. stable b. average c. population d. rate
14. a. combined b. planned c. recorded d. aimed
15. a. justice b. service c. practice d. advice
Choose the best answer:
16. ASEAN also works for the _______ of peace and stability in the region.
a. promote b. promotion c. promotional d. promoter
17. The Association of Southeast Asian Nations, commonly referred to as ASEAN, is a geo-political and _______ organization. a. economy b. economic c. economics d. economical
18. The motivations for the birth of ASEAN were the desire for a _______ environment.
a. stable b. stability c. stably d. stabilize
19. ASEAN was founded on 8 August, 1967 with five ________: Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, and the Philippines. a. members b. competitors c. leaders d. statesmen
20. ASEAN is an organization on the Southeast Asian region that aims to _______ economic growth, social progress, and cultural development. a. account b. include c. accelerate d. respect
21. The aims of the Association of Southeast Asia include the evolvement of economic growth, social progress, cultural development among its members, and the promotion of regional peace.
a. goals b. organizations c. missions d. plans
22. Southeast Asia is a region of diverse cultures.
a. same b. adopted c. various d. respected
24. ASEAN has emphasized cooperation in the "three pillars" of security, socio cultural and economic _______ in the region. a. organization b. production c. integration d. establishment
25. The ASEAN Free Trade Area (AFTA) is an agreement by the member nations of ASEAN concerning local manufacturing in all ASEAN countries.
a. progressing b. producing c. combining d. aiming
26. ASEAN has planned equitable economic development and reduced poverty and _______ disparities in year 2020. a. socio-politic b. socio-cultural c. socio-linguistic d. socio-economic
27. The Governments of ASEAN have paid special attention _______ trade.
a. to b. on c. for d. with
28. The goal the ASEAN Vision 2020 aims _______ creating a stable, prosperous and highly competitive ASEAN economic region. a. for b. on c. at d. up
29. _______, I will give him the report.
a. When he will return b. When he returns c. Until he will return d. No sooner he returns
30. _______ the firemen arrived to help, we had already put out the fire.
a. Until b. No sooner c. By the time d. After
31. I have earned my own living _______ I was seven.
a. since b. when c. while d. as soon as
32. We saw many beautiful birds _______ in the lake.
a when we are fishing b. while fishing c. while fished d. fishing
33. _______, Peter came to see me. a. While having dinner
b. While I was having dinner c. When having dinner d. When lam having dinner
34. _______ my homework, I went to bed.
a. After I had finished b. After finished c. Finished d. After had finished
35. _______ the dance, Jerry said good-bye to his girlfriend.
a. Before left b. Before he leaves c. Before leaving d. Before he will leave
36. Jones _______ after everyone _______. a. speaks / will eat
b. will speak / has eaten c. is speaking / eats d. has spoken / will have eaten
37. _______, Joe stays in bed and reads magazines. a. Whenever raining
b. As it will be raining c. When it will rain d. Whenever it rains
38. ASEAN's aims include the acceleration of economic growth, _______ progress, cultural, development among its members, and the promotion of regional peace.
a. society b. social c. socially d. socialize
39. A combined gross domestic _______ of the member countries of ASEAN has grown at an average rate of around 6% per year.
a. produce b. productivity c. production d. product
40. On July 28, 1995, Vietnam became ______ seventh member of ASEAN.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
41. ASEAN has _______ population of 575.5 million.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
42. The population of ASEAN accounts _______ about 8.7% of the world's population.
a. of b. for c. in d. from
43. Laos and Myanmar were admitted _______ ASEAN in 1997.
a. for b. of c. to d. in
44. ASEAN also try to solve the problems of ethnic tensions which might lead _______ civil war.
a. into b. away c. off d. to
45. One of ASEAN's objectives is to Giúp people think about peace and _______ and do something about it. a. origin b. justice c. statistics d. record
46. There are plenty of industrial _______ established in the area, which also makes the government worried about pollution. a. series b. goods c. enterprises d. relationships
47. Free _____ area is a designated group of countries that have agreed to eliminate tariffs, quotas, and preferences on most goods among them. a. trade b. cultural c. stable d. adopted
48. The ASEAN Investment Area aims to enhance the competitiveness of the region for attracting direct investment which flows into and within ASEAN.
a. produce b. combine c. found d. improve
49. ASEAN has _______ a community of Southeast' Asian nations at peace with one another and at peace with the world.
a. joined b. estimated c. established d. solved
50. ASEAN helps to ____ regional cooperation in Southeast Asia in the spirit of equality and partnership
a. invest b. promote c. admit d. invest
51. Rice is the _______ exported product of Vietnam.
a. main b. free c. average d. rural
52. I am going to speak with the boss when the meeting _______.
a. will end b. ends c. is ending d. would end
53. _______ Peter gets here, we will congratulate him.
a. As soon as b. After c. No sooner d. Since
54. _______ I visit him, we talk about politics a lot.
a. Up to b. As far as c. Whenever d. Until
55. While she _______ breakfast, I set the table.
a. will make b. was making c. has made d. would be making
56. After Mariana _______ her exam, I _______ her out to eat. a. was finishing / would take
b. finished / had taken c. will finish / have taken d. has finished / will take
57. Mrs. Pike _______ the door before the customers arrived.
a. had opened b. will open c. would open d. has opened
58. She went on crying, with her head sunk into a pillow, and cried and cried _______ the pillow was wet through. a. before b. after c. until d. while
59. _______ in Rome than he was kidnapped. a. No sooner he arrived
b. Had he no sooner arrived c. No sooner had he arrived d. No sooner he had arrived
60. I have not seen my dog _______ the storm struck the community.
a. since b. while c. as soon as d. when.
61. As soon as you arrive, give me a call. a. Give me a call immediately on arrival.
b. Wait until I call you to arrive. c. I will phone you on my arrival. d. Whenever you call me, I will arrive.
62. Lucy always reminds me of my youngest sister. a. My youngest sister's name is Lucy.
b. Whenever I see Lucy, I think of my youngest sister.
c. It is Lucy who is my youngest sister. d. I always think of Lucy, my youngest sister.
63. By the time we finished our work, Peter had already gone home.
a. Peter did not go home until we finished our work.
b. As soon as we finished our work, we would go home with Peter.
c. We finished our work before Peter went home.
d. Peter had gone home before we finished our work.
64. It has been years since I last ate fish.
a. I have not eaten fish for years. b. For many years, I have eaten only fish.
c. I like eating fish for years. d. It is fish that I have eaten for many years.
65. It will not be long until he is at the meeting.
a. It will take him a long time to attend the meeting. b. He will be at the meeting soon.
c. The meeting will last for a long time. d. He has been at the meeting for a long time.
66. Throughout the 1970s, ASEAN embarked on a program of economic _______.
a. cooperate b. cooperation c. cooperative d. cooperatively
67. 2007 was the 40th anniversary of the _______ of ASEAN.
a. found b. founder c. foundation d. founding
68. Vietnam asked for _______ to ASEAN in 1995.
a. admit b. admission c. admissive d. admissible
69. They will campaign for the return of traditional lands and respect _______ national rights and customs. a. to b. with c. on d. for
70. Our country is trying its best to accelerate the rate ___ economic growth.
a. of b. at c. for d. from
71. Regional development activities have been carried out _______ ASEAN cooperation
a. under b. for c. into d. off
72. ASEAN economic cooperation _______ many areas, such as agriculture, industry, services, transportations, and tourism. a. creates b. contains c. consists d. covers
73. ASEAN bodies in addressing global and regional concerns such as food security, _______ and disaster management. a. realization b. energy c. plan d. diversity
74. The 8th ASEAN Science and Technology Week is now being ____ in Manila from 1 to 11 July 2008.
a. held b. joined c. related d. combined
75. The ASEAN Science and Technology Week aims to promote science and technology _______ in the region. a. tourism b. solution c. forestry d. development
76. He says the government must introduce tax incentives to encourage _______.
a. dedication b. growth c. unemployment d. investment
77. The local authority must face the ____ that they do not have enough conditions to develop economy.
a. trade b. statistics c. encouragement d. realization
78. I have been learning English ___ I was twenty years old. a. since b. as soon as c. while d. till
79. _______, can you tell him that I have a book for him, please? a. When you will see Jason b. When will you see Jason c. When do you see Jason d. When you see Jason
80. Since I _______ to the town, I _______ home. a. moved / have not returned
b. will move / will not returned c. have moved / was not returning d. move / am not returning
81. I'm not leaving ___ I get an apology from you. a. as far as b. no longer than c. after d. until
82. The teacher _______ before we arrived. a. will leave b. was leaving c. has left d. had left
83. I flew for the first time last year _______ I went to Brazil. a. as b. until c. no sooner d. till
84. _______ I realized where I was.
a. No sooner I have opened my eyes than b. No sooner have I opened my eyes than
c. No sooner I had opened my eyes than d. No sooner had I opened my eyes than
85. Mary will have finished all her work _______. a. as soon as her boss returned
b. until her boss will return c. by the time her boss returns d. when he-r boss will return
86. _______ for my train the morning, I met an old school friend. a. When I had been- waiting b. While I was waiting c. As I will be waiting d. Until I had been waiting

Link Download bản DOC
Do Drive thay đổi chính sách, nên một số link cũ yêu cầu duyệt download. các bạn chỉ cần làm theo hướng dẫn.
Password giải nén nếu cần: ket-noi.com | Bấm trực tiếp vào Link để tải:

đáp án

Các chủ đề có liên quan khác