Section 1 - Communication
Unit 1 Meeting and greeting 8
Unit 2 Staying in touch 12
Unit 3 Making plans 16
Unit 4 Understanding opinions 20
Unit 5 Registering at a language school 24
Section 2 - Around town
Unit 6 Arriving at a hotel 28
Unit 7 Sightseeing 32
Unit 8 Going shopping 36
Unit 9 Eating out 40
Unit 10 Going to the cinema 44
Unit 11 Getting medical Giúp 48
Section 3 - On the move
Unit 12 Flying 52
Unit 13 Catching a train 56
Unit 14 Taking a bus 60
Unit 15 Travelling by car 64
Unit 16 Travelling on foot 68
Section 4 - In your free time
Unit 17 Newspapers 72
Unit 18 Magazines 76
Unit 19 Music and TV 80
Unit 20 Following instructions 84
Appendix 1 How should I read? 88
Appendix 2 Practical reading study tips 91
Appendix 3 Reading specific text types 94
Appendix 4 Understanding short forms of English 96
Appendix 5 Understanding punctuation 98
Appendix 6 Signposting language 100
Appendix 7 Using a dictionary 102
Answer key 114
Collins English fo r Life: Reading will Giúp you to improve how you read by providing reading
practice in real-life situations.
You can use Reading:
• as a self-study course
• as supplementary material on a general English course
Reading has 20 units, divided into four sections:
• Around town
• On the move
• In your free time
The 20 units of Reading have a similar structure. Each unit begins with a 'Getting started'
section with questions to get you thinking about the subject matter of the unit. Then each
unit is divided into two or three sections, which include:
• reading texts that are typical of their type.
• detailed comprehension exercises to check that you have fully understood each text.
• practical reading activities to Giúp you to practise reading in the best way for each
particular type of text.
• language exercises before and after the text to Giúp you to understand any difficult
vocabulary and get the most out of each text.
o th e r features
• 'Reading t ip' boxes include useful information to Giúp you to improve your reading.
• 'Language note' boxes give extra information about the language in the texts.
At the back of the book there are some useful sections:
• Appendix 1: How should I read? explains the different kinds of reading skills you need
• Appendix 2: Practical reading study tips provides useful techniques to use when
reading, for example taking notes or keeping a vocabulary notebookề
• Appendix 3: Reading specific te x t types focuses on text types that have unique
vocabulary (for example, text messages and Twitter) and text types that
should be read in a specific way (for example, step-by-step instructions or
labels on medicine bottles).
• Appendix 4: Understanding punctuation explains some forms of English punctuation
that you will see when you read.
Password giải nén nếu cần: ket-noi.com | Bấm trực tiếp vào Link tải, không dùng IDM để tải:
Bấm vào đây để đăng nhập và xem link!
Lưu ý khi sử dụng
- Gặp Link download hỏng, hãy đăng trả lời (yêu cầu link download mới), Các MOD sẽ cập nhật link sớm nhất
- Tìm kiếm trước khi đăng bài mới