The ONLY reason why I'm unsure about becoming a doctor is because I want to be able to have a sufficient family some day and I know a doctor's life isn't exactly free enough for that. But on that same note they save lives, make diagnoses and so much more. I'm just so lost and I don't know how to decide on one. I don't care that nurses don't make the same if I were to go nursing but I am so intrigued by doctors and surgeons that it's just a tough decision.

I am also interested in going to NAU (northern arizona university) it's the only instate school I'm interested in so I wanted to know if anyone knows if it's a good school for pre-med / nursing.

Another thing is that I would like to be adventurous; hiking, almost daily jogging, that sort of thing. Do doctors have time to do that as well?

Thanks in advance. :)

Oh, also my grades... I currently have a 3.3 GPA but excluding freshman year I would have a 3.6 GPA. I get mostly A's and a B here and there generally in history. I'm pretty good with my math classes and science though. If I have a B in either of those classes for the semester it is normally a high B. Also my SAT score is 1520, average I believe but not horrible.

Placido

You should do whichever one you enjoy more. I think they are pretty similar. You are still in high school so you have a long way to go. Just make sure you learn as much thing as you can in high school and do extremely well in college.

Don't ever let money hold you back from what you want to become.

saobang

well you really don't need to decide now, you have a few years before you need to do that. And I would suggest going to: collegeboard.com and searching for good premed schools, you can enter your sat scores and gpa and it finds schools that you have a better chance of getting into. Good luck :)

Dilwyn

You don't need to decide now. i say job shadow to see if you like being a doctor more. also, if being a doctor is your real passion you'll be one. :)

Các chủ đề có liên quan khác