chips_tulip

Luận văn tiếng Anh:An analysis of President Barack Obama’s speech at President Nelson Mandela’s memorial, from critical discourse analysis perspectives = Phân tích bài phát biểu của Tổng thống Obama tại lễ tưởng niệm Tổng thống Nelson Mandela từ bình diện phân tích diễn ngôn phê phán.
ABSTRACT
This study presents an attempt to apply a critical discourse analysis perspective to
investigating a political speech addressed by President Barack Obama on the occasion
of the Nelson Mandela’s memorial on December 10th, 2013. Based on a brief overview
of critical discourse analysis introduced by Norman Fairclough, the study follows a
framework with three parts: Description, Interpretation and Explanation. It focuses on
the analysis of language features (lexical ones and grammatical ones), the relationship
between situational and intertextual context, and the discourse process and social
process. Data for the research, thanks to which the objectives are achieved, are
collected from the research. The findings show that the author employs linguistic
features as the strategies to represent his power and ideology. The ideology of
freedom, democracy and tolerance does not only belong to Nelson Mandela, but to
Barack Obama as well. That is the way Obama hopes to exert his power and gain
support from people around the world. The analysis also proves that critical discourse
analysis is the smartest choice for those whose concern is about political discourse,
especially political speech.
PART A: INTRODUCTION
1. Rationale of the Study
Along with the development of the human society, language has evolved to satisfy
human needs. An important move in linguistics in recent years has introduced a new
model and method of analysis of language known as Critical Discourse Analysis
(CDA), a new branch of Discourse Analysis (DA). Different from Discourse Analysis
in general, CDA views language as a social practice – language is a part of society,
language is a social process, and language is a socially conditioned process (Norman
Fairclough, 1989). This is a linguistic approach widely applied for the analysis of
political discourse. In politics, CDA is often applied to explore and discover power and
ideology hidden in the political discourse held by the authority. This inspired me to
choose Norman Faircoulgh’s as the theoretical framework for my MA thesis.
Furthermore, I myself find CDA really useful and interesting as it provides us an
analytic tool to illustrate and clarify CDA concepts, along with uncovering the
speaker’s power and ideology. For those reasons, I have decided to choose CDA as the
field of my study and take “An analysis of President Barack Obama’s speech at
President Nelson Mandela’s memorial, from critical discourse analysis perspectives” as
a text for my thesis, using Norman Fairclough’s viewpoints as a theoretical framework.
2. Objectives of the Study
Basing on CDA approach and Norman Fairclough’s framework , the study aims at:
 Analyzing the grammatical and lexical features, and the structures of the
discourse.
 Analyzing Nelson Mandela's values presented in the discourse, and the
purpose of the author making this speech through grammatical and lexical
items, and the structures of the discourse
With the above objectives, the study deals with the following research questions:
 What are Nelson Mandela's values presented in the discourse?
 How are these values realized in terms of lexical and grammatical features,
and structure of the discourse?

Link Download bản DOC
Do Drive thay đổi chính sách, nên một số link cũ yêu cầu duyệt download. các bạn chỉ cần làm theo hướng dẫn.
Password giải nén nếu cần: ket-noi.com | Bấm trực tiếp vào Link để tải:

Minhan1995

Re: [Free] An analysis of President Barack Obama’s speech at President Nelson Mandela’s memorial, from critical discourse analysis perspectives

file bi loi roi ad oi, cho minh xin file moi voi!!! tks ad nhieeu

Các chủ đề có liên quan khác