toan_noucamp

Link tải luận văn miễn phí cho ae Kết nối
Luận văn tiếng Anh:An investigation of the polysemy of ''open/close'' in English and ''mở/đóng'' in Vietnamese (from the cognitive perspective) = Nghiên cứu tính đa nghĩa của động từ "mở/đóng" trong tiếng Anh và tiếng Việt nhìn từ góc độ ngữ nghĩa học tri nhận.
PART A: INTRODUCTION
1. RATIONALE OF THE STUDY
I had some troubles with the self-referential nature of the material. Since the subject is the
"meaning of meaning" at various levels, it's easy to become confused and fall into a "black
hole" where text seems meaningless. Polysemy is the term widely used in semantic analysis
to describe the situation in which a word has two or more related meanings. No matter how
simple this definition seems to be, polysemy is not a clear-cut concept. For decades, linguists
from different universities have been trying to give a sound account of what polysemy is and
how it can be accounted for. Although polysemy is at the moment a hot topic in
cognitive and computational linguistics, unfortunately, it is still true that polysemy remains
a somehow muddy field in linguistic research.
Despite this, I feel the self struggle to construct this thesis to try and represent my learning as
a result of interacting with a wide diversity of texts has been a rewarding one. It has helped
me develop polysemy in my mind as a referent to apply to my own day-to-day practices and
research in communication, teaching and learning.
2. SCOPE OF THE STUDY
Within a short time and with limited reference materials, it would be too ambitious for this
small-scaled study to cover the polysemy of all kinds of verbs, a broad field and the most
complex part of speech. Therefore, the study is limited to investigating the polysemy of the
two verbs „OPEN‟ and „CLOSE‟ with their Vietnamese equivalents within cognitive
semantic theoretical framework. The study focuses on displaying some major principles of
cognitive linguistics in general and cognitive semantics in particular which are applied to
explore the meanings of these two verbs.
3. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
Due to time limitation, the study aims to primarily seek for evidences of the polysemy of the
two verbs open/close and their Vietnamese equivalents from cognitive perspective. More
specifically, it focuses on:
- displaying major notions of cognitive semantics
- uncovering a semantic description of the English verbs “ open/close” in light of
cognitive semantics.

- investigating potential Vietnamese equivalents of the English verbs “open/close”.
- finding out the similarities and differences of these two verbs from cross-linguistic
point of view.
- providing pedagogical implications for teaching and learning as well as language
research.
More detailed explication as how the aforementioned objectives have been formulated and
how these objectives can be attained is specified in chapter 2: Methodology.
4. RESEARCH QUESTIONS
On the basis of the abovementioned aims and objectives, the study is conducted to answer the
following questions:
(1) From a cognitive semantic perspective, what meanings do the English
verbs ‗open/close‘ have? How are they variedly used in this language?
(2) What are potential Vietnamese equivalents of the English verbs
‗open/close‘ in various senses?
(3) How are these verbs similar and different between English and
Vietnamese in the light of cognitive semantics?
5. ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
The study is divided into three main parts: Part A is the Introduction to the study. Part B is
the Development with the three chapters. Part C is the Conclusion.
Part A discusses the rationale, the scope of the study, the objectives of the study,
methodology used in the study and the organization of the study.
Part B includes three chapters as follows;
- Chapter I is Literature Review which presents all related theoretical background that
precedes and necessitates the formation of my research: an overview on contrastive
analysis, a brief description of verbs, cognitive semantics and polysemy.
- Chapter II – Methodology – describes the research procedures that have been utilized
in the study.
- Chapter III – Data Analysis – contains the core part of the study. It presents, analyzes
and synthesizes data collected and gives some findings and discussions.
The Conclusion part summarizes the major findings and implications about the polysemy of
the verbs „open‟ and „close‟ within cognitive semantic theoretical framework and suggestions
for further study.

Link Download bản DOC
Do Drive thay đổi chính sách, nên một số link cũ yêu cầu duyệt download. các bạn chỉ cần làm theo hướng dẫn.
Password giải nén nếu cần: ket-noi.com | Bấm trực tiếp vào Link để tải:

Các chủ đề có liên quan khác