Download miễn phí Đề tài Some strategies to give an effective PowerPoint presentation for the 4th year student of English Faculty, Hanoi Open University
TABLE OF CONTENTS
TABLE OF CONTENT
PART A: INTRODUCTION
Aims of the study 2
Scope of the study 2
Method of the study 2
Design of the study 3
PART B: DEVELOPMENT
CHAPTER 1: LITERATURE REVIEW 4
1.1 Definition of PowerPoint presentation 4
1.2 The structure of a PowerPoint presentation 4
1.3 Types of presentations 5
1.3.1 Based on the presentation’s purpose 5
1.3.2 Based on the presentation’s manner 6
1.4 The importance of PowerPoint Presentation skill 6
CHAPTER 2: THE STUDY 9
2.1 Survey on senior student’s habit of presenting 9
2.1.1 The subjects 9
2.1.2 Data collection 9
2.1.3 Questionnaire 9
2.2 The finding and discussion 10
CHAPTER 3: STRATEGIES TO GIVE AN EFFECTIVE POWERPOINT PRESENTATION 12
3.1 Good content 13
3.1.1 Determine the aims of the presentation 13
3.1.2 Create an outline 15
3.2 Good design 16
3.2.1 Slide Structure 16
3.2.2 Fonts 17
188.8.131.52 Font types: 17
184.108.40.206 Font size: 18
3.2.3 Colors 20
3.2.4 Background 21
3.2.5 Charts 23
3.3 Good delivery 26
3.3.1 Audience’s attention 26
3.3.2 Nonverbal language 29
220.127.116.11 Gesture 29
18.104.22.168 Eye contact 32
22.214.171.124 Voice 34
3.3.3 Signpost language. 36
3.3.4 Rehearsal 38
PART C: CONCLUSION 40
Để DOWNLOAD tài liệu, xin trả lời bài viết này, mình sẽ upload tài liệu cho bạn ngay.
Ketnooi - Kho tài liệu miễn phí lớn nhất của bạn
Ai cần tài liệu gì mà không tìm thấy ở Ketnooi, đăng yêu cầu down tại đây nhé:
Nhận download tài liệu miễn phí
Tóm tắt nội dung tài liệu:
- More than half of the students (74 out of 95) always use illustrations. This makes a problem! Although illustration enhances the message, using them a lot can distract the audience.
- Almost student (80 out of 95) thinks that it is most important to introduce clearly the topic in the introduction. Just 15 students know that getting the audience’s attention is more important. Introducing the topic is important, but if you do not get the audience’s attention right after starting, you can lose them.
- Just 8 students always use signpost language during their presentation, the rest rarely or sometimes use it. Signpost language is very important for the audience to catch what you say. Therefore, the students should learn how to use signpost language to deliver their message more effectively.
- Most of the students (90 out of 95) do not know what to do with their hands and afraid of looking at the audience. This means body language is one of their weak points. They should pay more time to learn this skill.
- More than half of the students (55 out of 95) often forget what to say while the rest often stammer. This is because they do not have enough practice.
We can draw out from the result of the survey the following things:
- The common mistakes that senior students often do are preparation, design, starting the presentation.
- The difficulty that senior students often meet is using body language.
CHAPTER 3: STRATEGIES TO GIVE AN EFFECTIVE POWERPOINT PRESENTATION
Efficiency of a PowerPoint presentation depends on three main elements which are:
Effective PowerPoint Presentation
The content of your presentation should be relevant, convincing and clear. This depends on your preparation.
The design of your presentation should enhance the message and visually please.
Your delivery should be relaxed, confident and engaging. This depends on your ability to use both verbal and nonverbal language and your practice.
3.1 Good content
As I mentioned above, good or bad content depends on your preparation. If you fail to prepare, you are prepared to fail. Unlike everyday conversation, presentations have a clear purpose and a logical structure. Therefore, in order to give an effective presentation it is necessary to prepare carefully. Thorough preparation will also reduce ones anxiety during the actual presentation.
The survey’s result shows that the preparation of most students includes only two steps: choosing a topic that they like and collecting materials. They rarely determine the aim of their presentation as well as create an outline. This makes their materials collection not effective and their presentation not have a focus. How can the audience get the message when the students themselves do not know exactly what they want to deliver?
So what steps should you take to assure a successful talk and to make it worth the time of the audience and yourself? Following is what you need to do:
3.1.1 Determine the aims of the presentation
- Analyzing the audience
Audience analysis is important because:
Audiences are egocentric. They do not care how important what you are saying is, but whether it is related to them.
Audiences will judge a speech based on what they already know and believe.
Therefore, you should try to collect information about the audience as much as possible to choose a right topic and collect suitable materials. It helps you to know how to meet the audience’s demand and how to draw their attention.
To do audience analysis, you need to collect information to answer these questions:
- What is your audience’s needs/interests?
- How much they know about the topic?
- What misconception might they have?
- What terms and concept will they probably not understand?
- Choosing and narrowing topic.
You have had your audience’s information about what their needs/interests are. Now you can decide what your presentation is about. Don’t try to include too much information in your presentation because your audience has a limited memory. You should narrow the topic.
Choose a topic:
My presentation is about divorce rate.
My presentation is about divorce rate in Vietnam.
Choose a topic:
My presentation is about finding job.
My presentation is about finding job for fresh-graduated students.
- Determining the purpose
Even when you have narrowed the topic, your presentation will not have a clear focus if you do not determine the purpose for it. It is like that you decide to go shopping but do not know what you need to buy. You will probably waste your time.
To analyze the main reasons of high divorce rate in Vietnam.
To give out some tips for fresh-graduated students in finding job.
3.1.2 Create an outline
A speaker is like a guide, leading the listener through a cluster of ideas. An outline is like a map showing the best path. Therefore, creating an outline is a necessary part of the presenting process. Creating an outline will result in better quality, well constructed and more effective presentation.
To create an effective outline, you should follow these steps:
Developing centre idea.
Generating main ideas.
Gathering supporting material.
Centre idea: Some strategies to give an effective PowerPoint presentation.
Supporting materials: Analyze audience
Determine the purpose
Create an outline
Make a good design.
Supporting materials: Slide structure
Supporting materials: An attractive introduction
Use nonverbal language
Use signpost language
3.2 Good design
3.2.1 Slide Structure
Many students do make mistakes of slide structure. The most common mistake is that they always try to fill the slide with text. This makes the audience concentrate on what they write, not what they are speaking.
There are some certain rules that you must follow:
- Use 1-2 slides per minute of your presentation.
- Make your 1st or 2nd slide an outline of your presentation, then follow the order of your outline for the rest of the presentation. Remember to place only main points on the outline slide.
- No more than 4-5 bullets per slide, and keep bullet points to no more than five levels.
- Use key words and phrases only, not complete sentences or paragraphs.
You should also limit the number of words per line (normally no more than seven words) and the number of lines per slide (normally no more than seven lines).
Slide structure – Good
No more than 4-5 bullets per slide.
Use key words and phrases only.
Not use complete sentences or paragraphs.
Slide structure – Bad
This is an example of a bad slide structure.
It looks too complicated.
It makes your audience not concentrate on what you are saying.
You use too many bullets.
You use complete sentences instead of key words.
You use paragraph. This makes it difficult both for your audience to read and for you to present each point. Too many words look too complicated. In short, your audience will spend too much time trying to read this paragraph instead of listening to you.
Example for slide structure
126.96.36.199 Font types:
Serif fonts are the ones with little tails attached to each letter. Times New Roman is an example of a serif font. Serif fonts were designed to be used in documents filled with lots of text. Serif fonts are said to be easier to read at small point sizes, but for on screen presentations the serifs tend to get lost due to the relatively low resolution of projectors. These types of fonts can be suitable for headlines.
Sans serif fonts are fonts that look more like “stick letters”. They are plain and simple. These fonts are great for body on your slides. An example of sans serif fonts is Arial.
Avoid script type fonts - always. These fonts are hard to read at the best of times. In a darkened room, and especially at the back of the room, they are almost impossible to read.
Some students do not take note of consistency of font types. They choose different font types for different slides. Although those font types are easy to read or readable, it makes the audience’s attention lower. So, you should use two, or at most, three fonts for the whole presentation, use the slide master before you start entering text to establish the chosen fonts on the slides. This avoids having to change each slide individually.
Tips: Use different fonts for headlines and bullet points.
Choose a different font for the headlines and the bullet points. This makes text slides a little bit more interesting.
188.8.131.52 Font size:
Certainly everyone knows we should use different font sizes for headlines and main points, but not everyone knows that we should also use different font sizes for main points and secondary points as well as l...
Lưu ý khi sử dụng
- Gặp Link download hỏng, hãy đăng trả lời (yêu cầu link download mới), Các MOD sẽ cập nhật link sớm nhất
- Tìm kiếm trước khi đăng bài mới